Fill in the blanks with the given options.
otherwise, whereas, however, despite, in fact, therefore, although, furthermore, consequently, moreover, instead, nevertheless, hence, unless
1. Mr Singh got the job _______________ the fact that he had very little experience.
2. My brother’s general knowledge is above average _______________ mine is at level zero.
3. Tiger lost the game, but he told himself that he had improved a lot _______________.
4. You’d better wear a seat belt when you drive. _______________, you could hurt yourself in an accident.
5. Reading is a brilliant way to increase your vocabulary. _______________, it can also help you improve your grammar.
6. The IELTS student’s essay was badly written. _______________, it was too short.
7. Wine will spoil if exposed to light; _______________, wine bottles are usually green or yellow.
8. Alcohol can delay your reaction times; _______________, you should never drink and drive.
9. _______________ we have talked about the dangers of smoking to the students before, I think the information needs to be repeated.
10. Our prime minister was an incompetent leader. ____________, his government failed to fulfill the promises.
11. ________________ we talk, the divorce matter will not be resolved.
12. The lazy employees cut the corners _______________ of working upon their concerned areas.
13. The Smith family rushed to the railway station _______________ they couldn’t reach because of the traffic they encountered on the way.
14. Romala is the best dress designer. _______________, she has won several accolades.
- in fact